القائمة الرئيسية

الصفحات

 Interview with actor Abdellah Ferkous: "National cinema must get rid of those who only know the language of money"

Abdellah Ferkous needs no introduction. A great figure in Moroccan cinema, the actor has distinguished himself in numerous productions which have made him a reference of the 7th national art. The Marrakchi actor is starring in "Zman Kenza", the new TV movie by director Daoud Aoulad Syad, recently broadcast on the second channel, 2M.

Libé: News obliges, what does the day of the actor that you look like during the holy month of Ramadan?

Abdellah Ferkous: My day is like that of all Moroccans: I wake up early, I go to work, I say my prayers and then I wait for the breaking of the fast. Then I watch TV.

Let's talk about television. What do you like to watch in general on the small screen?

I like to see Moroccan productions and of course, anything that can teach me and also amuse me. But I am mainly focused on national productions and am particularly interested in their level
This problem is indeed worrying in Western societies. Do you have the feeling that it arises in Morocco?

We talk about it because it is a reality that is taking hold here without us realizing it. The TV movie "Zman Kenza" is there to prevent us from falling into this behavior, that children always take care of their parents and above all do not abandon them to their own fate.

This film was shot in Marrakech. Playing in the city where you are from has something special for you?

It's certain. But it must also be said that Marrakech represents Morocco to a certain extent: we find there all the social and especially family problems that the country is facing. From this point of view, the Marrakech space is ideal for tackling a subject of this importance.

تعليقات